The role of the Advanced Infrastructure Engineer is to ensure customers receive top quality infrastructure related services.
- Collaborate effectively with CALA and Global Infrastructure Team peers.
- Managing Systems Administration of Linux and Network systems to an expert level.
- Server support (application and network configuration).
- Hardware deployment – Systems installation, cabling, racking.
- Hardware support - Manage hardware tickets with vendors.
- Network infrastructure setup - switches, routers, firewalls etc.
- Providing specialist infrastructure consulting into customer deployments.
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux etc.
- Contribute to planning and participate in deployment solutions.
- Providing specialist infrastructure support at an SME level to customers as part of the overall Support services
- Delivery of stable, hardened, consistent infrastructure components to application and deployment teams.
- Installation, support and troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux and KVM.
- Drive process improvement initiatives and demonstrate initiative.
- Take a proactive role to increase the quality and reliability of system services.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure seamless platform delivery for products, principally, but not restricted to CALA region.
- Travel to customer sites as required.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE INDICATORS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and capability to articulate appropriately.
- Experience in compiling and delivering infrastructure deployment documentation, and IP/ CIDR plans.
- Capability to participate in Systems Architecture Design workshops.
- Customer-facing experience essential, with experience in dealing with escalations, involving your peers & relevant third party stakeholders.
- Expert working knowledge of Enterprise grade Linux Operating Systems deployments (particularly Red Hat Linux).
- Red Hat KVM experience desirable.
- A well-developed understanding of the need for security, defense in Depth and corresponding policies and procedures.
- ISO27001:2013 experience is a bonus.
- A thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, relational databases and client server computing models.
- Performance tuning and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Deployment automation experience (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cobbler, Kickstart) useful.
- Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes a distinct advantage, along with awareness of & CI-CD processes.
- Extensive knowledge of systems management such as backup, performance management, capacity management, storage systems and security practices.
- Experience with enterprise storage, SAN concepts, SAN switching, RAID concepts etc.
- Proven skills as well as a theoretical a practical level of expertise with distributed client server systems technologies, including operating systems, sub-systems, databases, network service infrastructure and desktop interfaces.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in system administration in a distributed environment.
- Proven ability in developing and deploying enterprise system administration practices and procedures.
- Experience with clustering or other high availability environments a definite asset.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure & Cloud Architecture useful to have.
- Basic knowledge of Mobile Telco Architecture components useful to have.
Computer Science or Software Engineering related Degree is the minimum tertiary level qualification expected for this role.
RHCE 7 or CCNA certification would be beneficial, but demonstrated, proven technical ability is a key requirement.