We are looking for a Software Engineer who can code, develop, coach and lead teams focused on building cloud-native, Java based solutions using micro services architecture. You will develop high performing Back-end and API services for new services in Big Data, Analytics, Telematics, as well provide technical leadership around coding best practices, tool and technology usage, design/architecture, and more.
- Strong Experience in Java/Java EE Software Development
- Strong Experience in DBMS technologies like SQL and NoSQL based
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology related field
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese
- Participate in full Agile and Lean software development methods for 3-Tier model applications: (Presentation, Business and Resource Layers);
- Build highly scalable, highly available, cloud-native Java/J2EE applications that consume Big Data Analytics
- Work with Business Analysts in translating requirements into Services leveraging SOA and OO design in a Micro Services architecture.
- Make best design and implementation decisions to ensure quality and efficiency in a AWS Cloud Environment.
- Elaborate and deliver systems architecture and design documents.
- Develop applications and features through heavy hands-on coding following Service Oriented Architecture.
- Coach and Mentor other software engineers and developers around Java Services and API Restful Services
- Conduct project design reviews and code reviews
- Provide support to the QA team and other internal teams
- Implement design for performance, security and quality of code through Continuous Integration cycles
- Strong understanding of architecting and designing high volume transaction systems, have good knowledge of horizontal and vertical scalability (web farm, redundancy, failover, high performance, latency resolution etc...) Strong understanding of Docker-based Microservices architectures
- Hands-on experience scaling applications, infrastructure, and configuration with cloud-based IaaS providers (AWS)
- Comfortable and passionate about using the latest technologies, tools, and techniques
- Experience with designing, creating, and consuming RESTfull services
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible
- Must be a faster learner and multi-tasker
- Very Strong Spring Framework experience
- Some Practical experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jira and Git.
- Experience adhering to Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery pipelines.
The following skills would be a plus:
- AWS related experience on developing on EC2, API Gateway, ECS, ELB VPC, lambda expressions, amazon webs services, S3, RDS;
- Experience with Elastic Search Technology;
- Experience with DevOps;